Telephone & Cellular
There are a variety of services dedicated to helping people in crisis pay for their utilities.
Also, contact your utility companies to inquire about deferred payment options.
March 13, 2020
AT&T is planning on being here to help you stay connected throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recognize that staying in touch with your family, friends, school and work has never been more important.
Below are a few ways we’re helping consumers, small businesses, and enterprises across the country.
Consistent with FCC Chairman Pai’s “Keep Americans Connected Pledge” announced today and concerns raised by members of Congress, which we share, AT&T is proud to support our customers by pledging that, for the next 60 days, we will:
Not terminate the service of any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer because of their inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Waive any late payment fees that any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer may incur because of economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
Keep our public Wi-Fi hotspots open for any American who needs them.
To provide further relief and support, AT&T announced:
Unlimited AT&T Home Internet – All AT&T consumer home internet wireline customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use unlimited internet data. Additionally, we’ll continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program.
Helping You Work and Learn Remotely – Businesses, universities and schools can keep their teams and classrooms connected through conference calls and video conferencing with Cisco Webex Meetings with AT&T for 90-days, and seamlessly forward calls to both mobile and landline phones with AT&T IP Flexible Reach.
Distance Learning – AT&T is underwriting expenses for a “one-stop” resource center to support eLearning Days from the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) available to all educators in schools to help them handle school closures and the increase in virtual learning due to COVID-19.
Sprint is participating in the Keep Americans Connected Pledge.
They will support residential and small business customers by:
• Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus, and
• Waiving late fees incurred because of the economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
• Customers with international long-distance calling plans will receive complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
• Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
• Customers will have an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
• Customers with mobile hotspot-capable headsets who don’t have mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
T-Mobile has expanded roaming access for Sprint customers to use the T-Mobile network.
Customers: visit the Online Support Center or use My Sprint App.
T-Mobile is participating in the Keep Americans Connected Pledge.
Contact T-Mobile immediately if you are having issues paying your bill due to unexpected financial impacts.
To support customers, T-Mobile is offering:
• Starting now ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
• All T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot/tethering service for the next 60 days coming soon.
• Lifeline partners are being contacted to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB per month over the next two months.
• Free device shipping until May 13th.
• Free international calling to Level 3 impacted countries determined by the CDC.
T-Mobile Customers: dial 611 or My T-Mobile
Metro Customers: https://www.metrobyt-mobile.com/
Read updated policies and special offers because of COVID19 HERE.
Verizon is participating in the Keep Americans Connected Pledge.
To support their customers, Verizon will:
• Waive late fees that are a result of financial impacts related to coronavirus.
• Not terminate service if customers cannot pay their bill.
Learn about Verizon's "Promise to Pay" program HERE.
Contact: 800-922-0204 or use MyVerizon App